Curing Hepatitis C
Curing Hepatitis C
Current and Future Options for Treatment
Written by Gregory T. Everson, Foreword by Gene Schiff
Category: Health & Fitness - Diseases; Medical - Hepatology
Format: Trade Paperback
On Sale: August 21, 2012
ISBN: 978-1-57826-425-4 (1-57826-425-1)
Hepatitis C Doesn't Have to Be a Lifelong Illness
Curing Hepatitis C provides the latest information to guide you through the diagnosis and treatment of hepatitis C. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with hepatitis C, this book provides an indispensable and comprehensive overview of everything you need to know to take the right steps toward a cure.
For the nearly 160 million people worldwide and 4 million Americans diagnosed with hepatitis C, there is now hope. Although hepatitis C was once considered incurable, medical and technological innovations have made a cure possible. A new frontier of treatment options has improved upon previous methods by curbing side-effects more effectively and working to eradicate hepatitis C entirely.
Curing Hepatitis C also includes:
- Easy-to-understand explanations of the nature of hepatitis C
- The revealing truth of misconceptions about hepatitis C
- Tips to prevent, diagnose, cope with, and ultimately cure this disease
- An overview of types of tests and how to understand your results
- Breakthrough treatments and medications for hepatitis C, such as triple therapy
- The next generation of treatments including interferon-free regimens, QUAD therapy, host-acting antivirals, and more
- Personal anecdotes from those affected by hepatitis C
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Gregory T. Everson, M.D., F.A.C.P., one of the country's leading hepatologists, is a Professor of Medicine and Director of Hepatology at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. Dr. Everson is a distinguished Fellow of the American College of Physicians and the American Gastroenterology Association.