How We Find New Strength At Times of Stress
Written by Frederic Flach
Foreword by Rhonda Sciortino
Preface by Mary Kathleen Flynn
Category: Self-Help - Personal Growth; Self-Help - Mood Disorders; Self-Help - Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (Ptsd)
Format: Trade Paperback, 272 pages
On Sale Date: August 25, 2020
Make stress your ally in the pursuit of happiness and personal fulfillment.
There’s no escaping stress. It appears on our doorstep uninvited in the shattering forms of death, divorce, or job loss. Stress even comes in the pleasant experiences of promotion, marriage, or a long-held wish fulfilled.
So why do some people come out of a crisis feeling better than ever, and others never seem to bounce back?
You will discover:
• How to develop the 14 traits that will make you more resilient
• Why “falling apart” is often the smartest step to take on the road to resilience
• When the five-step plan for creative problem solving can help
• What essential steps you can take to strengthen your body’s resilience
• How to redefine your problem and restructure your pain to create a life you can handle, a life you can learn from and enjoy!
Drawing on more than thirty years of case studies from his own psychiatric practice, Dr. Frederic Flach reveals the remarkable antidote to the destructive qualities of stress—physical, mental, and emotional resilience.
About the Author
FREDERIC FLACH, M.D., K.C.H.S. was an internationally recognized psychiatrist and author whose highly acclaimed books include Putting the Pieces Together Again; A New Marriage, A New Life; Resilience; Rickie; The Secret Strength of Angels; and Faith, Healing and Miracles. In 1996, he was awarded the Maxine Mason award by the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill. He appeared on numerous radio and television programs across the country including Today, Good Morning America, CBS This Morning, and Good Day New York.